Forensic Engineering Consultant
Fire Findings is seeking an Electrical Engineer who likes delving through debris and dirt – and
can follow up with written and oral findings that make sense, are easy to understand and make a difference to our clients. Our experts skillfully conduct methodical, science-based investigations to determine the causes of failures (large or small) that cause damage, injury or other issues.
If you like a desk job, pushing papers and sitting in meetings, this is not the job for you. If you relish the idea of figuring out how products work, fail and cause fires or other incidents, keep reading.
Are you adept at solving problems? Do you have terrific reasoning skills? Do you have top-notch communication expertise to pull it all together? If so, you may be the Forensic Engineering Consultant we’re pursuing. Please send us your resume
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct off-site and in-house inspections
- Prepare well-reasoned oral and written reports
- Conduct research and testing
- Travel: frequent day trips and occasional overnight land and air travel
- Provide expert testimony
- Prepare for, assist with and potentially help instruct training seminars
- Lead and assist with projects and tasks as assigned
- Other duties as determined
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Professional Engineering (PE) license, or the ability to obtain license
- Previous forensic or investigative experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Computer and keyboarding skills for utilizing word processing, databases, and other software
- Flexible schedule and hours
- Well organized and ability to work on own and with others
- Attention to detail and the ability to reason and draw reliable conclusions
Must be able to frequently:
Compensation and Benefits:
- Stand on your feet and walk short distances for prolonged periods
- Stand over / up to tables / workbenches for prolonged periods
- Move and / or lift objects weighing 50-plus pounds
- Climb stairs, ladders and over / under / around obstacles
- Kneel, crawl, crouch, stoop, etc.
- Reach overhead or below waist with hands and arms and use hands to grasp, feel, work, etc.
- Conduct hands-on work in a multitude of locations (attics, outdoors, etc.) and conditions (hot or cold conditions, etc.)
- Drive a vehicle, frequently for hours at a time (breaks and rest stops permitted and encouraged)
- Sit at desk and read papers or look at computer screen
- Use power tools, hand tools, camera and video equipment
- Visually focus on objects (large and small), at close and far distances
Commensurate with experience. Paid a competitive hourly wage (40+ hours / week) with opportunities for overtime and bonuses. In addition, Fire Findings offers:
About Fire Findings:
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Company-funded retirement plan (SEP)
- Paid training and educational opportunities
- Company vehicle (for investigation-related travel)
- Company-provided tools and equipment for investigations
Fire Findings is an internationally known forensic engineering and fire investigation company. We investigate fires, explosions and other injury or loss-producing events, providing methodical, thorough, science-based forensic engineering and consulting services.
We're dedicated to determining how appliances, devices and systems work and fail—and how they cause fires, explosions, floods, freezing or other types of incidents. It is our passion to deduce how circumstances, conditions or agencies caused an event. Our constant focus is to provide useful, accurate answers that assist clients in making reliable decisions.
Fire Findings is also a long-time leader in the training industry, providing thousands of engineers, attorneys, public- and private-sector investigators with valuable instruction they can actually put to use in the field.
Benton Harbor / Saint Joseph is located near the southwest corner of Michigan on the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan. Much more than a summer beach town, our area offers a diverse array of dining, entertainment and other activities. Come live in an area where others come to vacation!
Fire Findings is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send us your resume